Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) have been identified as the two most backward groups of Indian Society. They include all the castes, races or tribes, which have been socially, economically and educationally backward. The cell has been established to support and to bring students from such communities in the main stream.

The SC/ST cell of the college was established in 2018 with the purpose to empower the SC/ST Staff & students in the college. The college takes special interest in facilitating financial support to students from these communities from government agencies and other sources. They are also encouraged to enroll for Career Orientation Programs, which would equip them with the necessary skills to choose a career option.

As per University/UGC guidelines, the College constitutes a committee for the Cell. The Cell gives different information to the students of SC and ST communities. Meetings are arranged by the Cell from time to time. The present committee members are as follows:

Chairman: Dr. Dibakar Mishra, Principal


  1. Sri Santanu Pradhan, Lecturer in History, Member Coordinator
  2. Sri Kishore Chandra Jena, Lecturer in Political Science
  3. Sri Prakash Chandra Sahu, Lecturer in Education


  • To counsel and guide SC/ ST students and help them to manage academic and personal issues of college life effectively.
  • To ensure provisions of an environment where all such students feel safe and secure.
  • To provide prompt counseling for any emotional emergencies arising on account of any event at the campus.
  • To provide the mechanism to redress the grievance of SC/ST students, and staff, if any.
  • To ensure protection and reservation as provided in the constitution of India.
  • To arrange for special opportunities to enhance the carrier growth.
  • To aware the SC/ST students regarding various scholarship programs of State Govt. and UGC.
  • To take such follow up measures to achieve the objectives and targets laid down by the Govt. of India, Govt. of Odisha and the UGC.

If you think you are harassed or being harassed, You can inform the Principal in writing or can send an email to (