The college is presently running its 43rd year of establishment and has seen many ups and downs. Being the pioneer institution of the Block, not only it has tried its best to meet the needs of the students and teachers but also has overcome the challenges to be an ideal educational institution of the locality. The resources with which the college grows and the plans for the future can be summarized as below:
- The college has a very good strength of students in Arts and Science streams and their performances in the University Examinations has been consistently encouraging.
- Qualified Teachers and Non-Teaching staff are the assets for the overall progress of the college.
- ICT facilities enhance the scope of learning.
- Well-equipped laboratories help the students to acquire better practical knowledge and about instrumentation.
- Continuous learning practices like short project works, regular classes, mid-term tests, mentoring system,
- Career counselling activities, facilitating the students to register and search for jobs through National Career services, interactive sessions with career counsellors build bright scope for future of the students.
- Co-Curricular and Extra-Curricular activities make our students more efficient.
- The college has well balanced infrastructure which includes 15 class rooms, 4 UG Laboratories, 2 Computer Labs, 3 labs for additional practical works for science students.
- For the students there are separate spacious Common Rooms for both Boys and Girls with functional toilets and adequate safe drinking water facilities.
- One conference hall with audio-visual and internet connectivity to facilitate online/offline meetings.
- One ICT enabled hall with 200 sitting capacity to facilitate online/offline teaching/ training.
- A spacious play ground to improve the physical fitness and to conduct outdoor games.
- Extension activities wings like NCC, NSS, YRC and Career Counselling Cell helps the students for development of their personality, thus making them suitable for the future challenges of the society.
- Self Defense Training Programme enables girl students to be physically fit and be self-confident.
- Botanical Garden, Rain-water recharging points, Vermiculture pits are additional resources of the college.
- 100mbps internet facility helps the college in its administrative, academic and extension activities.
- Regular Career counselling programmes organized by the college enhances employability of our students.
- SAMS resource Centre not only helps in admission process, but also attends the requirements of students like Scholarships, Career services etc.
- Computer based admission, administration, library, examination and evaluation system.
- Students discipline has enabled the campus ragging free.
- E-Learning facility has widened the scope of learning for staff and students.
- Fire-safe campus.
- To open Computer Training Courses and Spoken English Course for the students.
- To start vocational courses which can generate employability.
Teaching-Learning & Evaluation:
- Activation of digital Evaluation on Teaching and Learning through Mentor-mentee system.
- More Remedial programme for students.
Research & Extension:
- Promotion of Research Culture among faculty and students.
- Publication of Research Journal/News Letter of the College.
- Initiative for National & International Linkage.
- Organise National/International Seminar/Conference.
- Publication of Research Paper through College website.
- Construction of at least two Examination Halls of 3000 sq.ft. for college and University examinations.
- More class rooms and laboratories for general science students.
- Construction of an auditorium of 1000 sitting capacity.
- Construction of Biological Museum.
- Expansion of college central library with digital facility.
- Construction of Two Reading Rooms for Teachers and Students.
- Construction of Smart Class rooms for general students.
- Construction of a hall for indoor games.
- Establishment of a fitness centre.
- Improvement and extension of Library facility with special attention of e-information resource.
- To increase number of reference books, Research Journals and strengthen e-library.
- Improvement of Departmental Library.
- Facilitating Support services through activation of placement cell in BPO, Retail Chain Management, Marketing Management etc.
- Coaching of SSC and Combined Service Examination.
- Planning specific programme to aware students to join Indian Defence Services, Different State Services, Central Services etc.
- Organisation of Seminars/Workshop for entrepreneurship development among the students.
- To Impart technical and professional education to increase employ-ability and economic development.
Organisation & Management:
- Planning and Development Strategies for resource generation.
- Budgeting and optimum utilization of finanace, reflected in up-to-date audit.
- Improvement of Teacher-Student ratio for better Academic Development.
- Earn & Learn Programme.
- Online Teachers’ Performance Appraisal.
Institutional Commitment towards community:
- Formation of Blood Donors’ Club from students’ community.
- Proposal of Community Service through Micro-Savings.
- Formation of Thalassemia Detecting Centre with the support of Indian Red Cross Society.
- Psychological counselling cell for inattentive students.
- Counselling cells for Disaster Management & Pandemic situations.
- To Bring out educational and cultural development of rural population.
- To Promote intellectual, ethical and cultural development of society.
- The College can have functional MOU for E-Waste management.