Maintaining the momentum of quality consciousness is crucial in Colleges. Internal Quality Assurance Cell, in fact, is conceived as a mechanism to build and ensure a quality culture at the institutional level. We have an internal quality assurance system, with appropriate structure and processes, and with enough flexibility to meet the diverse needs of the stakeholders. The internal quality assurance mechanism of the institution may be called “Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)”. The IQAC is meant for planning, guiding and monitoring Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Enhancement (QE) activities of the colleges. The IQAC may channelize and systematize the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence. It should not be yet another hierarchical structure or record-keeping exercise in the institution; it would be a facilitative and participative organ of the institution. The IQAC should become a driving force for ushering in quality by working out intervention strategies to remove deficiencies and enhance quality.
- Chairman: Dr. Dibakar Mishra, Principal
- IQAC Coordinator: Sri Rudra Prasad Gouda, Reader in Logic & Philosophy
- President, Governing Body, Polasara Science College, Polasara
- Block Development Officer, Polasara
- Executive Officer, N.A.C, Polasara
- Inspector-in-Charge, Polasara Police Station
- Medical Superintendent, CHC, Polasara
- Sri Balaraju Patro, Reader in Physics
- Sri Pramod Kumar Rath, Reader in English
- Sri Rabindra Nath Palo, Reader in English-cum-Coordinator, NAAC Coordinator
- Sri Prasanna Kumar Nayak, Propritor, Dhanalaxmi Steel Furnitures, Polasara
- Sri Santosh Kumar Behera, Social Worker, Polasara
- Sri Kali Charan Gouda, Parent Member
The membership of such nominated members is for a period of two years. The IQAC meets at regular intervals at least once in a quarter. The quorum for the meeting is two-third of the total number of members. The agenda, minutes and Action Taken Reports are regularly documented with official signatures and maintained electronically in a retrievable format.
- To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the College
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internationalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices
Functions of IQAC:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the Colleges;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality related institutional processes
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities of the College, leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the college for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices.
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining / enhancing the institutional quality;
- Development of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the College based on the quality parameters/assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body (like NAAC, NBA, AB) in the prescribed format; Bi-annual development of Quality Radars (QRs) and Ranking of Integral Unites of Colleges based on the AQAR;
- Interaction with SQACs in the pre and post accreditation quality assessment, sustenance and enhancement endeavours.
- Follow up
Regular planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation activities bring the following outcomes:
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement;
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture;
- Ensure enhancement and integration among the various activities of the college and good practices;
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning;
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in the Colleges
- Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication;
- Ensures building up of moral character among the students, especially with elevated self-confidence among the girl students.